A little round-up of things sparkly and fierce to get you ready for the party (I'm basically a magpie with a credit card). All the big stores are having their after-Christmas sales, so why not splurge a little? (Your spend-less-money resolution doesn't kick in until Thursday anyway.)
Ring in the new year with a party dress you scored on sale (L-R, top to bottom): sequin skater dress; black dress with metallic bodice and fluffy skirt; beaded bodice dress; let-your-inner-Liza-Minelli-show dress; pretty paillette dress made from vintage deadstock. Or break free from the pack with a pair of sequined leggings (because leather leggings are so last year) (ugh except I still really want a pair).
1. The fat chunky gold glitter in this polish (named G-Old Money!) from ella + mila screams New Year's Eve. Add to that the fact that all their nail polishes are vegan and cruelty free, and there's no reason not to add this to your collection.
2. The touche eclat highlighter from Yves St. Laurent is universally beloved for the radiant glow it bestows, and now comes in a nifty leopard print case to glam up your vanity.
3. These mirrored gold loafers will get you from party to bar in style without killing your feet.
1. The brass and gold of these earrings from Baleen make them a New Year's Eve classic, and the art deco style brings some sophisticated glam.
2. I'm a fan of Josie Maran's products - vegan, organic, cruelty free (and also they look and feel great) - and just got this lip stain in Poppy Paradise, a hot pink that is perfect for New Year's Eve (or if you're more traditional, the Getaway Red is pretty stunning). The lasting power of the stain means your look stays perfect through round after round of champagne and all-night partying.
3. I was a life-long MAC Smoulder girl, until I met this drugstore steal. I love the inky color of L'Oreal's Silkissime black eyeliner, and it really does glide on like silk, and lasts all night to boot.
Finally, for the day after:
1. Prep a dish the night before - like Smitten Kitchen's spinach and cheese strata - that just requires you to pop it into the oven after you wake up, and your hungover self will thank you.
2. Revive your tired skin with this super moisturizing and nourishing yoghurt mask from Korres.
3. Coconut water is nature's Gatorade - and this stuff from Harmless Harvest is miles beyond the plastic-y flavorless stuff you normally find in stores (it's never heated, so it really does taste just like drinking from a fresh coconut), plus they have a business model focused on sustainability
And because it's not a party without something festive in your glass, refinery29 has a holiday cocktail recipe round-up for some inspiration - and don't forget the champagne!
Wishing everyone a happy and festive New Year's, and a sparkly 2015!