- Fresh berries and crème fraiche
- Ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Fried chicken and hot honey
- Love, topped with whipped cream
- Warm maple syrup (the real kind) and fresh salted butter
- Softly scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage
- Blueberries, ricotta and lemon zest
- Your childhood hopes and dreams
- Sliced bananas, chopped walnuts and bourbon sauce
- Spiced apple compote and a dollop of mascarpone
Also, Yom Kippur is imminent, which means, among other things, it's a good time to remember those whose fast is not by choice. Here's where you can donate to City Harvest; Feeding America; and Oxfam America's efforts to provide food and other necessities to refugees from Syria.
Photo credits (top to bottom): 1) mine (pumpkin waffles from Trader Joe's and Edy's slow-churned Fudge Tracks ice cream); 2) Cooking Classy's pumpkin waffles; 3) Mother Thyme's banana bread waffles.